I’m sure there’s barely any lady that hasn’t got at least one blazer in her wardrobe. For me, I’d like to describe them as the new ‘jeans’. Here’s what I mean. We all get to pair almost anything with jeans, right? Cotton, chiffon, silk, leather, and our very own Ankara.
Blazers work in almost any environment; interview sessions, romantic dates, business meetings, church services, and more. One interesting thing about them is that they make you feel protected/secure, thereby, boosting your confidence. Right? When next you put on a blazer, observe yourself so you understand what I mean. Some ladies think they can only wear theirs to the office and nowhere else. Well, I’ve got up to 6 ways you can wear your blazer, whether for business or leisure:
1. Over a dress: Got a cocktail party coming up? Or don’t know what to put on for next church service? How about throwing a blazer on that sparkly dress? Pair them up with a pair of sleek stilettoes and you’ll look more glamorous than ever. It doesn’t really matter the design of your dress; be it ankara, patterned, or plain, you’re good to go. This one, I particularly love.
2. With a Maxi: Classic meets modern when you pair a blazer (preferably plain, maybe black) with your maxi skirt or maxi gown.
3. With Jeans: This one is the regular chic style and quite easy to pull off. I’m sure almost every lady knows this very well. It’s suitable for any event; day out with the girls or night out with your man. All you need are your wedge shoes and clutch bag. Perfecto! Some of us like to go a little over the edge with their jeans. So don’t be afraid to work it out with a pair of distressed or faded jeans. Yeah, don’t forget to pull down your hair for a sassier look.
4. With Shorts: This look is suitable, most especially for a night out with your man. Wear it on a thin body top or tank top; even as a top on its own and hold it together with a tummy belt. Team the outfit up with a cross-body bag and there, you’re free to move around comfortably and have fun. A pair of sandals would be a nice match with the entire outfit, but if you’d like to give it a little more edge then try a pair of pumps.
5. With a Skirt: If you can pair it with shorts, then why not a skirt? Be it pencil, mini, a-line, or straight skirt, a blazer will completely transform your look to elegant.
6. With Skinnies: Wear your blazer with a pair of skinny pants and a loose top. For a relaxed and laid-back moment, get into a pair of flat sandals or ballet flats and you’re ready to chill out for the day. Don’t forget to accessorize properly; bangles, necklaces and so on.
There you have it. One blazer, Six looks, You choose! So go on and shop for amazing blazers at amazing prices on Jumia. Simply select any blazer of your choice and place your order. Delivery takes within 5 working days. Get up and start shopping girl.
This article was posted by Ifeoma Okolie