In Nigeria, we say it takes a village to raise a child, but there are 27 bones in the human hand and it takes 19 bones and 19 joints in the hand for it to function smoothly. When it comes to taking care of one’s health, cultures across the world may differ on many fronts, but the importance of good hand washing practices unites us all.
Today is Global hand washing day and in a study by Dettol, Nigeria alone records 96,000 thousand deaths and that is why Jumia is offering discounts on Dettol Soaps and Hand Sanitizers to promote personal hygiene amongst everyone. You can call it a self-antidote or do-it-yourself vaccine. First, we would give you tips on practicable times you should wash your hands:
- Before, during, and after preparing food
- Before eating food
- Before and after caring for someone who is sick
- Before and after treating a cut or wound
- After using the toilet
- After changing diapers or cleaning up a child who has used the toilet
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After touching an animal, animal feed, or animal waste
- After touching garbage
Remember, Health is wealth and if that doesn’t motivate you, recall that cleanliness is next to Godliness.
Start now! Let Dettol help you create a culture of self hygiene.