Green tea is arguably one of the healthiest beverage on the planet. The green magic tea from China has warmed its way into the mugs of everyone. From aiding weight loss to targeting pancreatic cancer, green tea has evolved into a medicinal drink that caters to countless of illnesses. The reality is that there are surprising benefits to reap from this miracle drink in just one cup.
Tea consumption has its legendary origins in China dating back to more than 4,000 years ago, making it the oldest herbal tea known. According to legend, green tea was first brewed in 2737 BC during the reign of Emperor Shennong. The sacred green tea which originated from China is usually gotten from Camellia Sinensis leaves that have undergone minimal oxidation during processing.
Here are some benefits of green tea that would surprise you.
- Green tea does more than just keep you awake, it can also make you smarter
- Green tea has been shown to increase fat burning and boost the metabolic rate
- Green tea is an excellent source of powerful antioxidants, so it makes perfect sense that it could reduce your risk of cancer
- Not only can green tea improve brain function in the short term, it may also protect your brain in old age
- The catechins in green tea have biological effects as well, as studies show that they can kill bacteria and inhibit viruses like the influenza virus, potentially lowering your risk of infections
- Green tea can improve insulin sensitivity and reduce blood sugar levels ultimately reducing the risk of Type II diabetes
- Green Tea may reduce the risk of Cardiovascular Disease. It makes sense that it could help you live longer although death is inevitable eventually.
Jumia offers different types, blends, styles and brand of this rare magic tea, falling in love with one of them would be easy. Click here to shop from a wide range of green tea. Start drinking healthy today!