October is the Breast Cancer Awareness Month. This month is dedicated to getting more people to know about Breast Cancer. Jumia Nigeria in this month is joining forces with 234Give to create more awareness about breast cancer and also join in the Fight with the Jumia Pink Week.
What is Jumia Pink Week About?
Jumia is dedicating 7 days, from Oct 23 – 30 to create awareness about Breast cancer on Jumia.com.ng. With a large selection of All pink items on the website, customers can buy from the pink week category and help Jumia in the fight against breast cancer. 5% of the proceeds from the Jumia Pink week will be donated to BRECAN (Breast Cancer Foundation Of Nigeria).
Jumia Pink Week section on the website consist of items like Pink Bras, Shirts, Shoes, Breast cancer books, dresses, shirts, Mobile Phones and Beauty Products that everyone can shop from.
Here are a few Facts about Breast Cancer and how you can be more aware.
– Pay Attention to your body for necessary changes and do not ignore changes in size, Rashes or Redness on your breasts or around it. Also look out for discharges from your nipples regularly, Lumps and swellings around your breast. All of these changes when noticed should not be ignored but be reported to a doctor immediately.
Breast Cancer Facts
Did You Know???
– Yearly, Cancer KILLS more people than Malaria, HIV/AIDS or any other known disease.
– An Average of 30 Nigerian Women die every day from Breast Cancer.
– In Nigeria Breast Cancer is mostly diagnosed in women younger than 35yrs old.
– Breast Cancer can also Affect Men but it is rare
– If Breast Cancer is detected early the survival rate is High with Treatment.
What To Do
Without going to see a doctor you can examine your breast regularly for any of the signs listed above. Depending on how often you can it’s advisable once a month to do a self-examination. Also there are Free Breast Screening centers in Lagos, Ask your doctor for the nearest one and get screened.
You can also Join Us in the Fight and Create awareness on Breast Cancer. Simply by Helping to Raise Funds for Breast Cancer Foundation Of Nigeria by Shopping Jumia Pink Week Click [rad-hl]Here[/rad-hl].
Article Written By [rad-hl]Olamide Amosu[/rad-hl]