What happens when two ingenious women meet? The result is definitely mind-blowing and is sure to sweep you off your feet. Do not fear, Jumia has a soft-landing for you. In a meeting that turned out to be an insightful episode for entrepreneurs organized by She Leads Africa, the MD of Jumia Nigeria, Fatoumata Ba and Evangeline WIles, former MD of Kaymu had an over flow of quotes for entrepreneurs
Feel free to digest these quotables from Fatoumata Ba and Evangeline Wiles.
- By joining a global start up, you are creating a track record and building a knowledge base from existing ventures – Evangeline Wiles
- Joining a global start-up can be a major accelerator; you get to learn from your mistakes– Fatoumata Ba
- If you don’t have the network to leverage for knowledge or funding, create one – Evangeline Wiles
- Ideas are only 20%; the remaining 80% is execution – Fatoumata Ba
- Self assessment is key, be aware of your weaknesses and strengths – Fatoumata Ba
- It is very important to start small and test your idea before scaling
- Customer experience is key. There is no point spending a lot on marketing with poor customer service – They both kinda said this, Fatoumata started it and Evangeline finished the thought.
- Don’t be afraid to look like you don’t know what you are talking about, ask questions – Evangeline Wiles
- Learn from other people’s and ventures’ processes- Fatoumata Ba
- If you want your business to succeed, you need your hands dirty and get it done – Evangeline Wiles
- Have a good understanding of what is driving your business and so you can adapt when plans don’t work – Evangeline Wiles
- Joining a Global Startup is a good way to build a network, gain knowledge and experience and establish a track record -– Evangeline Wiles
- The goal of any marketing initiative is to be well known at the least possible cost – Fatoumata Ba
- Always set costs, incentives and penalties when outsourcing or working with a third party.
- In establishing processes, start with your idea then test it in real life. Also, your process must be scalable, very important – Evangeline Wiles
- Don’t be afraid to appear like you don’t know what you are talking about because first, you really don’t know and second, there a lot of other things that you do know – Evangeline Wiles
- When considering the logistics service you want to use for your e-commerce business, always consider scale, cost and customer experience – Evangeline Wiles
- In deciding to work with an incubator or accelerator, you should know what they are offering, seeking and figure out if the requirements work for you – Fatoumata Ba
- To implement your idea, start small, get your idea validated, then scale. Always be clear on what your value proposition is, who your customers are, what are your costs and benefits – Evangeline Wiles.
- Try out processes yourself. For every process, the MD has to be the expert at it -– Evangeline Wiles
- Ask yourself what is your motivation – Fatoumata Ba
- If you want your business to be successful you need whatever it takes to get things done – Evangeline Wiles
Visit Jumia today to become an Entrepreneur.