Most of us cannot live without a mobile phone, laptop or tablet – the frequency with which we use it and how relatively fragile most gadgets are makes it prone to being damaged, lost or stolen.
The AXA Mansard Insurance Device Protection Plan (DPP) on Jumia.com.ng offers more than insuring your gadget. It is peace of mind and protection from damage, loss, theft and unnecessary spending.
The Device Protection Plan (DPP) is a convenient affordable insurance plan that provides cover against Accidental Damages from Handling (ADH) such as screen and liquid damages which form about 80% of the issues that arise with mobile phones or tablets.
Here are a few points you need to know about getting covered:
- Device Protection Plan covers only mobile phones, laptops and tablets within the price range of N40,000 – N100,000.
- Screen Damage: The plan offers one screen replacement upon the occurrence of breakage or damages to device screen.
- Liquid Damage: The plan also offers one motherboard replacement upon the occurrence of damages due to device coming in contact with liquid.
- Validity: Your policy starts immediately from the day of cash payment. Only claims that result in screen damage and/or liquid damage will be covered and deemed payable by AXA Mansard Insurance.
- Amount of Coverage for Screen Breakage: AXA Mansard will pay up to 30% of the cost of the device in the event that the screen of your device is broken. For example, if the cost of device is N20,000. (Cost of insurance = N1,000). AXA Mansard will pay N6,000 to repair your damaged screen.
Please note that if repair of damaged screen is valued higher, e.g. at N8,000, customer will be required to pay the balance of N2,000 out of pocket.
- Amount of Coverage for Liquid Damage:AXA Mansard will pay up to 40% of the cost of the device in the event that your device is damaged as a result of it accidentally coming into contact with any liquid. For example if the cost of the phone is N20,000. (Cost of insurance = N1,000). AXA Mansard will pay N8,000 to repair your damaged screen. If the damaged screen is valued at more than the covered price. e.g. N10,000, the customer will be required to pay the balance of N2,000 out of pocket.
STEP BY STEP PROCESS TO GETTING COVERED
First step is to visit the AXA Mansard Jumia page and click on the device protection
Look through your options and select a device plan that suits you
After you have identified a suitable cover, proceed to check out
Next step is to simply fill in your address and select the convenient mode of payment
Customer will should notify AXA Mansard via email, contact center or website.
Email – email@example.com
Phone Call – 01 -2701561 – 5
Website – https://www.axamansard.com/ (Use the HELP service)
- Customer will be directed to the nearest drop off center
- Drop off center does initial assessment of device
- Customer is given evidence of transaction and asked to return in 10 days max
- Service center receives phone from drop off center and repairs device
- Customer is notified to pick up phone
To find out more about this exciting insurance cover, click here.