There’s nothing more important than our good health – that’s our principal capital asset – Arlen Specter
The need to always be healthy and in top shape is one that cannot be underestimated. It is perhaps the very essence of our existence and also the main determinant to how long and well one enjoys life. Being trapped in the insane daily Nigerian Hustle, one might find oneself going through life without making the time and effort to live a well-balanced and healthy life. This as much as possible should not have to be the case as hey, you only live once!
So what processes do you need to undertake to ensure you are living a good and healthy lifestyle?
1) [rad-hl]Exercise[/rad-hl]: Whoever came up with the quote ‘Do something today that your future self will thank you for’ must have had exercise in mind. Run, jump, jog, swim, climb, roll, dance. Break a sweat as you engage in physical activity as the golden rule is to use up at least as many calories as you take in.
2) [rad-hl]Eat well[/rad-hl]: You are what you eat. The theory is simple. Eat bad and you will end up looking bad, eat good and you will end up looking healthy. To get the nutrition the body deserves you must endeavor to eat a balanced diet which includes the right combination of carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, minerals and fat.
3) [rad-hl]Drink Water[/rad-hl]: Water has always been the Doctor’s favorite watch word when giving out recommendations for healthy living, ‘Drink at least a glass of water every morning’, ‘drink a glass of water before each meal’, ‘drink at least eight glasses of water every day’. It seems the importance of drinking water cannot be overemphasized. Keep drinking.
4) [rad-hl]Sleep[/rad-hl]: The rigors of today hardly permits but when you consider the fact that sleep loss can contribute to health problems such as weight gain, high blood pressure and a decrease in the immune system’s power, you will need to reorganize your schedule to ensure you are getting enough sleep. At least between 7 to 9 hours.
5) [rad-hl]Be Hygienic[/rad-hl]: Wash your hands, have your bath and brush your teeth twice daily. You might also want to register with a doctor and dentist for scheduled and regular checkups to have a proper overview as to your present state to make sure everything in your body is working properly and you are as healthy as you can be.
6) Shun Vices: Quit the habits that might be harmful to you. Put an end to smoking, excessive drinking and drugs. You would be doing yourself a whole lot of good by neglecting the unnecessary evils which generally work to deteriorate your health.
7) [rad-hl]Keep your environment clean[/rad-hl]: Take your environmental sanitation seriously. Sweep and clean around the house, get rid of stagnant water and fumigate your rooms frequently in order to control bug and pest invasions. You would be doing yourself and the people around you a whole lot of good by embracing this.
Support the World Health Day cause today! Here is to long life and prosperity!
[rad-hl]Click here[/rad-hl] to buy all you need to Stay Fit and Healthy
This article was written by Yemi Kuti.