So, you have a 30th birthday party coming up and you want to look your absolute best. After all bae is scarce and you must marry before 2018.
You’ve got your dress, your shoes and your hair is laid. Then you call up the hottest make-up artist on IG to give you the face beat of the century! Sweet lips, electrifying eyes! You have the perfect look in mind. You just can’t believe your ears when in this Buhari regime, the makeup artist is calling tens of thousands of Naira. But the show must go on; so you’re going to attempt to beat your own face. How hard can it be right? You go girl! We have a list of some of the tools you’ll need and how you can get there without breaking the bank (or your dollar). Let’s go!
1.Get Fresh…and So Clean
- If you don’t have one already, you’ll need a good facewash to get your skin all prepped for this beat. Great skin is the first step to flawless make-up. Keep things fresh and clean with The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash – 250m
- The first rule of make-up is if you’re not going to take it off properly, don’t even put it on. So while you’re at it, grab a pack of Elf Makeup Remover Exfoliating Cleansing Cloths
2. Protect and Shield
- With this Nigerian sun, the moisturizer you use must have sunscreen in it. Yes, even if you have oily skin or dark SPF-rich skin (hello melanin!) Try Olay Complete Daily Defense All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen SPF30 Sensitive Skin
3. Lay the right Foundation
The tools you use to apply your make-up will make or break how it looks. Some people would rather use their finger, but a good brush set will always give you that professional look. Universal 12pcs Pro Makeup Brush Set with Pouch.
- LA Girl PRO Prep High definition Face PrimerPrimer offers a solid base for a matte look that lasts all night.
- You’ve probably heard that eyebrows are the new center of the face, so up your eyebrow game instantly with Rimmel London Professional Eyebrow Pencil – Black Brown
- Foundation, concealer and powder are the basics we love to steal from mum’s make-up bag on a regular, but it’s always better to have a favorite of your own. Our pick? Revlon Nearly Naked Liquid Foundation
4. Shine Your Eyes, Steal the Show
- If you’re feeling like you are really out for blood at this party, you’ll want to tackle eyeshadow. Do so like a pro with BH Cosmetics 120 Eyeshadow Palette
- To make those eyes pop for when they finally look down from your eyebrows – Zaron Volumizing Mascara Sky Fall Mascara and eyeliner
- Finally, some wet lipstick on perfectly lined lips – NYX Cosmetics Lipstick
What are your own favorite makeup secrets and beauty finds in Nigeria? How are you stretching your glamour budget?
Check out www.jumia.com.ng/smartshopper for more tips on how to save your dollar and find the best naira buys in beauty, appliances, baby products and more!
The #BeJumiaSmart Team