Thank God its Friday! Our No 5 woman for this happy day for most employees is Gbemi Omolokun, one of our 7 Wonder Women.
- Tell us what you currently do and how you make a difference in this position. Official designation is Operations Manager but I currently head the Order processing team and also act as the Imports Specialist for Jumia Nigeria. Putting the customer first always ensures that everything is done in a timely manner and at minimal cost using the best resources available.
- What’s your biggest challenge when trying to balancing work and life generally? I’m on call 24 hours a day because my team works round the clock so I have devised non-conventional means to ensure other parts of my life do not get affected negatively. I am a mother of two boisterous preteens so I make sure I drop them off at school every morning and get home by 7pm to spend time with them and the man of the house.
- Make it happen! What are those products you cannot do without in your daily life (gadgets, home appliances, health and beauty products, exercise equipment) Washing machine, Vacuum cleaner, Baby oil & Argan Oil, Phones and Jumia’s laptop…’Winks.
- What are your hobbies and what books inspire you? I love to read and learn…..and travel and snooze…I haven’t read an inspirational book in a while but Stormie Omartian’s Power of a praying wife does it for me.
- How do you relax and unwind? What do you use to relax? I go to the Spa…play games with my boys and watch a movie…when I can. Dancing and shopping.
- What are 5 key items in your purse? Bible, Tampons, Wallet (ATMs, HMO Cards & spare change) Perfume, and an extra earring
- A few words of inspiration to every woman out there…
Be open to trying out new things always…Know ‘self’….. Don’t be afraid to go out into the world and grab it by its lapels. Make mistakes and do over. Understand that challenges are just an exciting part of life and we should tackle them as they come. Be ready for a ‘change’ it is the only constant in life. Know your end game, be ready to sacrifice now to savour the future, be adventurous in all spheres of your life, and enjoy your family & friends whenever you can. The typical woman is a hard worker so learn to relax, have fun and put your feet up when you get a chance. Most importantly, don’t forget to pray and give thanks to God always.
Click here for full edition.
This article was written by Aisha Aburime