When the fields are damp with dew, and the dawns billow with cold, It’s Harmattan! It comes with an embrace of the crisp air pale like a ghost, winds that grip the skin and lips that shiver & break.
However coveting and touching the Harmattan is with its strong naked touch of nature, it still comes with a Yuletide cheer. Lets give you a heads-up on how to make the harmattan your friend.
- Use mild moisturizing soap or body bath creams.
- Do not completely dry your skin after shower, use body oil to retain moisture on the skin after bath.
- Apply moisturizing cream or lotion all over your body including your under feet.
- Apply hand cream during the day and night before going to bed.
- Dress warmly, wear clothes with lots of Layers. Layers work better than one really thick item because air is trapped between the layers, keeping you warm.
- Consider emergencies, use Hats, scarves, gloves and appropriate footwear.
- Use mild soaps (even if you have oily or combination skin).
- Don’t use of face facial cleansers and toners that contain alcohol or astringents. Use only mild facial cleansers and toners.
- Always moisturize your face after cleansing.
- Remember to invest in a lip balm, lip salve or lip gloss. Always moisturize your lips before going to bed.
- Wash hair with shampoo and conditioner as usual
- Don’t dry hair completely to retain some moisture in hair.
- Apply hair oil, pink oils, hair sprays, lotions and creams to hair daily or every other day depending on hair type and severity of the weather.