Every effort to stay fashionable with the current trend is very important, even for the men. Now show me the lady that doesn’t think a man in well tailored suit is sexy. Yeah, I thought so.
Dressing up right for the occasion is very essential, especially when it comes to the formal attire. It sets a man apart from the crowd. A man arguably looks his best in formal attire, as it gives him an elegant, dignified and polished look.
If you’re one of those guys that don’t like to wear a suit or think that a tie is just extra stress or a burden to you, then I suggest you think again and read the next part of what I have to write. There are certain pointers a man should pay attention to when it comes to going formal. Keep in mind that it is essential to get it right; know about the do’s and the don’ts.
- Always go for shirts with Colours that are lighter in shades (e.g: white, beige, sky blue, brown). They tend to put a focus on your upper body and the body as a whole. These light shades of shirts are best pair with darker shades of trousers. In my opinion, white is the safest color for a man’s formal wear. If you have to wear a shirt with stripes or pattern, make sure to keep it in line with your overall wear.
- After you’ve got the shirt ready, you should make sure it fits. Without the proper fit, the sleeves will leave your wrists looking funny; either they are too short or too long. So make sure the sleeves fit perfect and sleek. Also, pay attention to the collar; it shouldn’t be too loose or too tight. If you’re wearing a shirt that has a button-down collar, please do not hesitate to fasten the buttons.
- For your trousers, keep in mind that a light shade pair of trouser doesn’t speak formal. No, it doesn’t Make sure to wear a darker shade of trousers. To be on the safest side, go with black. If you’d prefer to be a bit different, put on a dark shade of blue.
- Yes, again. The trouser must the right fit. Trust me, you don’t want to show up at a formal event looking ridiculous in trousers that are shorter or longer than your legs. Trousers should rest at the waist and should be long enough so that there is a slight break before the bottom rests on the top of your shoe. If you buy a shirt or pair of trousers that doesn’t quite fit, there’s always room for amendment.
- If you are putting on a bright coloured tie with stripes, let the colour f your shirt be neutral or of the same tone of the tie. Don’t let it go over the board. There are two options for the proper black bow tie. For bow ties, the well-known one is the “butterfly” self-tie bow. The other option is the “bat-wing” bow which is considered a vintage accessory in American formal attire. Take the time to learn how to tie a bow-tie properly.
- Never ever wear sneakers with a suit. That’s just wrong. When going formal, get formal shoes. A really nice pair of formal shoes will also give your look that subtle added elegance that other men at the event might be lacking. The color of your shoes should always match the color of your belt. Keep in mind never to wear a brown shoe with a black belt or vice versa. If you have a black belt on, wear black shoes, and vice versa.
- Do not wear flashy socks with a formal attire. It sure isn’t a Michael Jackson concert. The colour of your socks shold match your ensemble. They should be long enough so that if you cross your legs, the skin of your ankle and calf remain concealed.
- Ensure that your clothes are clean and well ironed. Keep your shoes clean and polished.
- Accessorize properly. Formal accessories should go wiith formal wears. If you’re going to be wearing metal accessories (watches, rings, belt buckle) make sure to have them in the same match; all gold, all silver, or all two-toned.
- Lastly, don’t forget to have the right attitude to go with your attire. Get a clean hair cut and put on a confident smile.
There you have it fellas; going formal could actually put you in the right spot and get you to higher places. Demand respect in formal attire and let the ladies swoon over you. Visti Jumia.com.ng to check out the amazing selection of formal shirts, trousers, shoes, and accessories.
This article was posted by Ifeoma Okolie