Hey guys! I’m back again. This time, it’s for the ladies. But because I’m in a good mood, the guys are very much welcome.
I know some ladies that wear flats all year round; they don’t even own a pair of heels. Like seriously, they don’t. Not even those short blocked heels. I don’t wear heels everyday though, but once in a while, I try to put them on and there’s just this feeling of confidence that overtakes me.
Nothing beats a pair of gorgeous high heels, when it comes to looking gorgeous. High heels come in different designs and patterns that suit to various kinds of outfits. This is why I say “the heels have eyes”; they are good with any outfit. It just gives this sense of ‘ bossiness’, if you know what I mean. They make a lady’s legs look longer, which gives her a taller look. A lot of guys would say they love a lady in heels, while some would go with any. Guys am I right (that’s if any guys is reading this)? Truth be told, heels can emphasize a woman’s femininity and even make her more attractive. Some ladies even feel like a little heel would give them that boost (empowerment) they need.
Wearing heels isn’t a luxury for many ladies. In fact, some women would never give up wearing heels, even if it were causing them pain. Trust me, I make sure there’s an extra pair of slippers in the trunk of my car, just in case. But still, it wouldn’t hurt to put on a pair of heels; meetings, seminars, wedding, dinner dates, and so on. I’ve also learnt that wearing heels actually improves a woman’s posture. So I guess, it’s about time you ditch those flats and get with the heels.
But when I say “get with the heels”, I’m not saying you should buy any pair of heels that attracts your attention. Whenever you go shoe shopping and you’re thinking of getting high heels, there are some pointers you should look out for, so you don’t end up crying for help in the middle of a date with the man of your dreams. Lol!
1. Make sure to buy the right size. It mustn’t be tight at all; make sure there’s a little space between your longest toe and the front of your shoe.
2. If you know you can’t manage it, don’t go for heels that are too high. Some ladies would want to feel among and then end up buying 5 inches heels. Why buy it, when you know you can barely walk in it. Rather, go for the shorter ones, 2/3 inches is alright.
3. Make sure there’s enough cushioning in the shoe. This helps to protect your feet from blisters and all sorts.
4. Round-toed shoes are usually more comfortable than the stilettos But if you find a really good pair of stilettos that fits perfectly, then go for it.
5. Some ladies wear heels every single day. Hmm! That doesn’t sound right, does it? I don’t think it does. Try alternating it. Okay, you don’t have to ditch the flats entirely, they do come in handy at times.
To get comfortable heels that are equally gorgeous and stylish, be sure to visit Jumia and you’d get an amazing selection to choose from.
This post was written by Ifeoma Okolie.